What you’ll need
- 16 oz grass-fed ground bison
- Half of a small yellow bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 of a large purple onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, each chopped into four “bread slices” to serve as the bun
- Primal Kitchen mayonnaise w/avocado oil (optional)
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Preheat pan on low heat.
- Once the meat mixture is ready, mix ingredients, with the exception of the sweet potatoes, in a bowl and mix (do not over mix).
- Separate meat into four equally sized portions and mold each into a patty using your hands.
- Spray the pan generously with avocado oil spray and place each patty on the pan. Add a 1/4 cup of water to the pan, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Spray all sides of the sweet potato slices with avocado oil, placing them onto the oven rack and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, switch to the Broil setting for another 5 minutes.
- After your meat has cooked for 20 minutes, remove the lid from the pan and raise the heat to high and brown/cook for another 10 minutes on each side.
- Once all is cooked, add a bit of Primal Kitchen mayo (options) to each sweet potato “bun” and place each patty into the slices. Garnish with your traditional lettuce and tomatoes or whatever vegetable you prefer as I did. Enjoy.