What you’ll need
- 1 ripe sweet plantain
- 15 asparagus spears
- 1/8 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 bacon strips
- Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 3-4 oz pre-cooked/pre-chopped chicken breast
- Tsp avocado or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees in the Bake function.
- Peel the plantain and chop into 1/2” circles. Spray plantain circles with avocado or olive oil spray and place on a parchment paper covered pan. Bake for 30-35 mins or until visibly browning.
- Add bacon strips to the pan when there are only 10 minutes remaining.
- Boil the asparagus spears for no more than 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix the cooled-off sweet plantain and asparagus spears with the rest of the ingredients. Top with cooled-off, crumbled bacon strips on top of the salad.