I love simple recipes I can make when prepping meals. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t like eating the same thing every day, but there will always be certain items that are staples for me even if I cook them differently.
I absolutely love root vegetables! They provide steady energy while keeping your blood sugars stable and they’re gluten free, a.k.a. gut friendly. I love them in any form I can get them and for any meal of the day, including breakfast.
So without further ado, here’s a simple recipe for sweet potato “toast” (or ñame toast).
If you love sweet potatoes like me, then I suggest prepping at least two sweet potatoes for the week.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees on Bake function
- Chop your potato(es) into about 1/2” slices
- Spray a little avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Place the slices on the rack for 15-minutes
- Switch to the Broil function and wait another 8-minutes
When you’re ready to use these during the week, feel free to pop them in a toaster (just as you would do with regular toast) and gobble them up.